Library Instruction Lab:
The Library's instruction lab is located on the 2nd floor in room 218. The lab includes 34 computer workstations and one instructor station.
Policies and procedures:
- Make requests at least 3-5 days in advance. Requests for custom research guides and other instructional materials will require at least two weeks notice if not more depending on your needs.
- Wait until you receive a confirmation notice before bringing your class to the library.
- We ask that you (the instructor) accompany your classes to the library and remain with them during sessions.
- Scheduling priority is given to the library instruction program. We ask for understanding if your session must be moved in order to accommodate a library instruction request. To inquire about availability, call the Reference Desk at (252) 493-7360.
- Library sessions are typically held in the Everett Building. If you would prefer that a librarian visit your classroom, please let us know. We will be happy to come to you. Keep in mind that library instruction primarily involves the use of computers in order to facilitate an active learning session where students can view and search the library website and online databases.
- When not in use, the library instruction classroom is available on a first come, first served basis for PCC students completing academic work and faculty whose students need the lab to conduct library research. Contact the Reference Desk at (252) 493-7360 to inquire about availability.